- What do you think is the most important quality for an actor to have, and how do you cultivate that quality in yourself?
Having fun! Find a way to do the character in a way that is natural and enjoyable.
- Has a casting director ever asked you to do something you are uncomfortable with? And how did that go?
I was expected to cuss and I didn’t want to do that. I showed that an actor could be angry without cussing and still be effective. Thank God she was okay with it.
- Can you tell us about a particularly challenging role you’ve played and how you prepared for it?
I had a lead role with a lot of dialogue to be done in 7 hours. It was difficult for me, but with plenty of previous practice and God’s blessing, I did okay.
I want something that I can act out and not go against my morals.Joshua Alford
- How do you stay motivated and inspired in your work, and what do you do when you feel creatively stuck?
I look at each audition as a job! Whether I am picked or not. As for the times I’m feeling creatively stuck, I asked someone for advice.
- What do you think separates good acting from great acting, and how do you strive to achieve greatness in your own performances?
For the actor to be able to be totally natural and not be worried about getting the words perfect. I try to strive for being at ease and relaxed.
- How do you select the roles that you take on, and what do you look for in a script or character?
I want something that I can act out and not go against my morals. When it comes to scripts, I ask myself if this is something I can relate to so that I can come off naturally.
- How do you deal with criticism, both from audiences and reviewers and how do you use feedback to improve your craft?
I try not to have too high of an opinion of myself in the first place so I am very open to criticism.
- What do you hope audiences take away from your work, and how do you measure success as an actor?
I hope I make them laugh and intrigued to see more of my acting. Getting and doing a good job with good feedback back. Not just making money regularly.
- Can you talk about a time when you had to deal with rejection or failure in your career, and how you bounced back from it?
Feeling that I did well at that audition even though I wasn’t picked. Then I just move on to the next one. Sometimes I pray about it and this helps.
- What are some of your favorite performances by other actors, and what do you admire most about their work?
I am a big fan of Jim Carrey. I like most of his movies. He is able to be funny and natural without being dirty most of the time. He’s very good at improvising and not having to be locked to a script.